If you are reading this, you already probably know who we are and what we do. But just in case, here is a quick overview: Plaantik is a unique platform for football fans in Bangladesh. Our vision is simple: provide an experience for the football lovers like no other. It has been just the four of us who started Plaantik in 2011 but now we have come a long way since then…and we don’t plan to stop. We are absolutely overwhelmed by the support of our followers and to meet the rising on and off the field demands, we are ready to expand. We have some big plans next season and we need people who are passionate – not just about the game but about creating a positive change for football in Bangladesh.
What sets Plaantik apart from the rest?
Plaantik’s growing working relationship with the Bangladesh Football Federation, National footballers, underground football scene and local supporters’ club makes it an ideal pitch for your footballing passions to run wild. We have also worked with big global names such ESPN, Star Sports, TEN Sports and NewsNow, and also collaborated with some big local brands including Banglalink, Robi Axiata Limited, Dettol Bangladesh, Magnito Digital and The Daily Star. We also work with some of the biggest names in sports and football journalism in Europe. This will be a great platform for you to work with them closely and network with professionals from different backgrounds.
Let the serious talk begin: how does it all work?
Plaantik operates entirely through the internet – but we also have certain tasks that requires going out and about in Dhaka. We will need roughly 2-4 hours of your time every week. You will be working with us on a 4 month contract basis i.e. you are expected to be fully committed for the contract. We will explain this in details if you are shortlisted for an interview.
What’s the minimum requirement to join Plaantik?
You need to be aged 15 and above to be eligible for any of the positions. We prefer applicants who are still studying in school/college/university. It doesn’t matter if you live in New York or Rome or Chittagong – since we operate virtually in most of the cases – feel free to apply if you meet these criteria (unless the role states otherwise). And of course, a lot of passion and dedication.
What’s in it for you?
* Let’s get the awkward financial talk out of the way: if you are looking to make millions through these roles, well then it’s best you apply for a football club in Qatar. All the positions currently don’t offer a monthly salary, however there will be assignment based payments – which we will be discussed prior to your contract.
* We will provide recommendations for your future endeavors – be it a note for extra curricular activity in your foreign university application or a reference for your resume. Many of the people involved with us have benefited in their professional line of work by working with Plaantik.
* You will get priority access to Plaantik related events around town.
* You will receive free exclusive Plaantik merchandise.
* You get to BRAG!
1. Content Creator: You will be required to create and manage content for our website and social media platforms. You will work from home and will require constant coordination with the rest of the team.
Competencies: You need to be very “tech-smart”. Knowledge about Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube and Snapchat is essential. Candidates who have an educational background in business/marketing and know how to work with Photoshop and WordPress will be preferred.
2. Application Manager: You will be required to run our mobile phone application on a frequent basis. You will work from home and will require constant coordination with the rest of the team.
Competencies: We prefer applicants for this position to have knowledge about how mobile phone applications work through the back-end. An educational background in software/computer studies will help, but it’s not essential. Prior experience does not matter, but technical knowledge about mobile phone applications will be preferred.
3. Onsite Representative: Most of your work will be assignment-based. It will require you to travel to various spots around Dhaka to represent Plaantik, take interviews, be present during tournaments/events, etc. Such tasks will not be assigned on a regular basis.
Competencies: You need to have a can-do, will-do attitude, and willingness to travel. Bear in mind we won’t ask you to do anything that’s unrealistic (we know how bad the traffic can be!). You need to be street smart, outspoken and great with reading/writing in English.
4. Design Coordinator: You will be working closely with the design team and design/come up with creative content on a weekly basis.
Competencies: It will require you to have a good taste in aesthetic art. Prior knowledge on how to use Photoshop is essential. Previous examples of your design and artwork will help your cause. Applicants with background in graphic design/architecture/photography will be preferred.
How to apply:
Simply visit: http://bit.ly/1JVj6z1 and fill up the form. Make sure to mention which specific role you want to apply for. We emphasize on dedication more than experience, so if you’re ready to take up this challenge to meet new people, build new connections and shape up your extra curricular portfolio – this is the perfect opportunity. The deadline to submit the form is 11:59 PM, 5 June 2015.
Let’s build a Champions League winning team, shall we? And as always, keep calm and don’t miss the Plaantik!
Powered by Facebook Comments